Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mistletoe and Holly Christmas Card


Again, Peanut wanted to be the craft room more than she wanted to watch TV. Everyone says she's my kid! It just cracks me up.

I've made a Christmas card for today. I used the angel stamp that came with the Stamping for Christmas set I bought several years ago (and have mentioned multiple times). The paper is from my stash. I tried some new things on this card. I sewed a green line around the cream circle. Turns out sewing wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I also have been admiring these ribbon accents that I've seen, so I tried to replicate it with some cream organdy ribbon. Fun and, also, easier than I expected!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
1. One Stitch at a Time #17 - Celebrations - Christmas is my favorite celebration.
2. ABC Christmas Challenge - M is for Mistletoe with the added challenge of sewing
3. Crafty Creations #72 - It's a Stitch Up!
4. Charisma Cardz #24- All About Bling
5. I Did It Forum - Card Challenge #8 - ribbons and sewing

UPDATE - This card won at I Did It Forum.

Happy Scrapping!

Jennifer

13 comments:

cheryl said...

this is a really lovely xmas card,love the gold on the angels,wings,many thanks for playing at OSAAT this week hugs cheryl xxx

Lisa Jane said...

You have some great cards here on your blog and peanut is showing great talent!
Thanks for joining in my blog candy
Lisa ;)

Faye said...

What a pretty and gorgeous card. How nice to see a Christmas card. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Stef H said...

what a stunning card! i wish jade would want to craft. she'd rather read & do puzzles. do you hear me complaining??? NOT!

Tammy said...

This is such a pretty card. Thanks for playing OSAAT this week.
smiles...Tammy

InkyAndScrappy said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing CCC this week.

Squirrel x said...

Great card hun and thanks for joining the ABC CC and Blog Hop! Hugs, Sxx

craftyb said...

fab card...love the sheer ribbon and cute image!Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card :-) the image is gorgeous and the papers and layout are fab :)

thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and hop :-)

luv
Lols x x

Annie said...

thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas challenge and good luck with the blog hop!
hugs, annie x

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

PS - good luck with the blog hop hidden candies!

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card hun, thanks so much for taking part in this ABC CC challenge and the blog hop. Good luck! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Lacey Stephens said...

What a great card!! I love that you tried a few new things and this image is perfect for our challenge!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog for the blog hop!! I'm in Florida, too!! In South Florida just outside Ft. Lauderdale. I remember it snowed when I was in Kindergarten!!
Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT