Saturday, July 24, 2010

Butterfly Box

(2nd post of 3) I've not made very many non-card projects, but I thought I would give it a try with this butterfly image by Michelle Perkett. I colored the image with watercolor pencils and added glitter. I used Modge Podge to adhere the image to the box. I added some satin ribbon and paper from my stash around the sides.


















I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Michelle Perkett Studios #39 - color combo and butterflies
2. Crafty Angels #41 - Shabby Chic (I don't know if this is shabby chic, but I thought so)
3. Treehouse Thursday #59 - watercoloring

Happy Scrapping!

Jennifer

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Jennifer, I love your butterfly box!! I love all the pink glitter and your lovely ribbon!! Think of all the special things you can put inside this treasure box!! Its beautiful!:) Thank you for joining us this week at MPS, Jennifer!!:)

Marilyn Webb said...

Amazing box Jennifer, love the glitter, that ribbon is gorgeous!

Pattie G said...

Jennifer, what a cute little gift box... Thanks for joining us this week at MPSC.

Hugs
Pattie

Shirl said...

Love the butterfly design Jennifer and the bow is super. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels.
Shirley

ileana said...

Hi Jennifer! this is so beautiful!! I LOVE boxes and you made a very cute one! love the glitter on the butterfly, thanks for playing with us at MPS! hugs!! (I´m off to check the rest of your blog ;-) )

grandmalee said...

I think you should try more non-card items because this is wonderful! Love how you colored & blinged up the butterfly! Beautiful choice of ribbon to top it off!

Virginia L. said...

Love this glittery butterfly! Well-done! Thanks for playing with us at Treehouse Challenge (watercolor)!

Neva said...

ooo Jennifer, Love this altered box. Gorgeous image and lovin' that ribbon for sure. Thanks for playing along with the Treehouse Thursday watercolor challenge.