Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fruit and Flowers

I had an idea for a Christmas present for my Grandma. She likes to send cards, and I thought she might like a box of handmade cards for different occasions so she doesn't have to worry about getting to the store. I told this idea to one of my best friends and he said it was a great idea and he'd like a box for Christmas too! Well, that's two people off my Christmas list.

This is the first card for my Grandma's box. The image is by Fanyella available in the I Did It Creations Store. I won two images from Fanyella at the I Did It Creations Challenge blog.

I colored the image with colored pencils and added some glitter to the flower pot and fruit. The sentiment is from my Everyday Sentiments (It's only $1 at the I Did It Creations Store). I created these printable pages to have sentiments available in my craft room whenever I need them. I was tired of being almost done with cards and not having simple sentiments to put on them. The purple paper is from DCWV's Summer Stack.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamps - Let's get fruity
2. One Stitch at a Time #22 - Digi Madness

Happy Scrapping!

Jennifer

16 comments:

Stef H said...

what a fabulous gift for grandma! nothin' says lovin' like something... oh wait... that's the oven isn't it! still, handmade will do for sure!!!

this is stunning!

hugs :)

Love crafts forever said...

Fantastic gift. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Unknown said...

Great gift, lovely, thanks for playing along with us at OSAAT this week

Gina said...

Gorgeous card, and wonderful gift idea! I'm sure your grandma will really appreciate it :D XXX

Choccy said...

Such a great idea for a gift. I bet your grandma will love them.
Thankyou for sharing your card with us at OSAAT for the digi madness challenge.

Choccy x

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer, so happy to see you joined in with our Challenge at OSAAT this week. Love your card and what a great idea for your gran!!! Good luck with the challenge xxx

Josephine said...

I'm sure your gran will love these cards! They're so pretty.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is neat! I like purple and seafoam green together too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Brenda Brown said...

What a great gift idea, I am sure Grandma and your friend will love what you create for them. This is a brilliant start to your collection. Thanks for taking part in our digi madness challenge at OSAAT.
Luv Brenda xx

Jane said...

Gorgeous card and great gift idea! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge, hugs, Jane xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great idea I'm sure they will love their gifts, as will all the people they send your cards to
thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! good luck
hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Great colours and lovely image!

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week for our digi madness challenge.

Hugs /Hanna

Liz said...

Wow lovely colours thanks for joining us with our theme Digi madness at one stitch at a time
Liz x

Stephanie said...

What a lovey gift. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

Spyder said...

Lovely idea and a great gift too. Thank you for joining OSAAT's Digi madness challenge this week!!
((Lyn))

Karen Howard said...

Your creation is stunning! Love the image and your coloring is fantastic! If you love challenges, you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Hope you will stop by!
Hugs, Karen