Monday, January 16, 2012

Crafter's Companion - Kanji Stamps

Crafter's Companion has new Kanji stamps this week. I thought it would be fun to use these stamps on gate fold cards (I made 4 different cards that I'll be posting this week), which were super-easy to make using the Ultimate tool. I usually avoid these types of cards because it's difficult to match the fold, but the Ultimate tool matched everything up easily. I covered my cardstock base in Asian-inspired papers. I stamped the Kanji background onto vellum and then mounted it on patterned paper. I attached it to one side of the gate gold card.


I decorated the inside the same way. Hubby is always looking for "flat" thank you cards. He means ones without a lot of embellishments. I added a stamped "Thanks" to the inside of the card. With the patterned papers and stamped images, I don't think this card needs anything else, so I'm happy and hubby is happy.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge
1. Divas by Design #18 - new beginnings and/or thanks

Happy Crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

Stef H said...

wow jen! this is absolutely stunning!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card....

Thanks for sharing with us over at Divas By Design and good luck with the challenge.

Hugs Jo xxx

Anita said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for joining the Divas challenge.

Laney said...

Super Card !!
thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney