Monday, February 6, 2012

Paint Fusion at Crafter's Companion

When I first saw the new Paint Fusion stamps, I wondered to myself, now what do I do with this?  The CC design teamies pointed me in the direction of YouTube and when I saw this amazing Pansy Tutorial by Sheena Douglass, I had to give painting a try.  Lucky me, I had acrylic paints and the right sized brush in my paint box.  I mixed the paints, just like she shows in the video, on a plain ceramic tile I had left over from a Christmas project.  I chose purple, pink, and yellowish-cream paints.  I really like the purple and cream together - I think that's my favorite color combo.


After I painted all the flowers and leaves, I cut them all out (I used a heavy weight cardstock to paint on).  I made a box using my Boxer board, where my original paper size was 8" square making a box with finished size of 4" square.  I layered light pink tulle over the lid of the box and then glued my flowers down.  The tulle added dimension to the flower layers and a romantic feel.  

I hope you'll try out the Paint Fusion painting technique.  I had so much fun!

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
1. Allsorts #140 - free and easy February part 1
2. Hotshot Crafts #3 - flowers
3. DYSU #57 - anything goes
4. Craft Us Crazy #20 - anything goes

Happy Crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow Jen, this is fabulous. I just love the flowers and how you've painted them. TFS.

Pauline said...

Beautiful flowers, so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

craftymum said...

stunning project!
Thanking for joining us at HSC for our flower challenge

hugs Sarah x

p.s. have you joined our followers list?

also I have candy on my blog for old and new followers

WencheP said...

This is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Ren-Yi said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you colored these with acrylics. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

LuAnn said...

Beautiful Jen! wondering if you received the email I sent you last evening re: The Hybrid Chick