Thursday, May 17, 2012

Texture, Texture

Hi all!  It's my day to post on the Crafter's Companion Information Blog.  I've been muddling over my plain Jane cards recently.  I love papers mounted on cardstock and a nice design...then I get stuck!

I started today with Swinging By from A Year with Humphrey.  



After coloring the image with my Spectrum Noir markers, I chose papers to match the dress.  I cut out two 3 1/2" squares and one 3" square and layed them out on my card base.  This is where I usually get stuck.  The other day I bought some tulle, gold netting and feathers and I decided to give them all a try on this card.  Surprisingly, I was really pleased with the effect.  I love all the texture these add to the card.  I still have the nicely mounted papers and now I have a bigger visual punch!

Can't wait to see what texture inspires you!
Happy Crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,what a fabulous image.xxx

An'Jenic G. said...

Love the texture you used and Humphrey sister is so cute. TFS AJ~