Sunday, August 31, 2014

My First Mail Art

I stumbled across this Mail Art Tutorial on Ziggle Designs blog when I was looking for something to craft on the Scrap Orchard site.  I was inspired and the video really helped me figure out what to do.

Here's the front of the envelope:


Here's the back of the envelope:


Once I had the envelope done, I needed a card to go in it. I  decided to use the same art journal feel for the card.  I remembered these nautical Magnolia stamps that I had in my stash and I thought they'd be perfect for the card.


The card and the envelope both have a hidden door:


Here's the inside - love the "ahoy" word art:


Supplies
Nautical by Red Ivy Designs
Magnolia Stamps
acrylic paint

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
1. That Craft Place - Summery colors
2. Crafting at the Weekend - anything goes
3. Crafty Calendar August challenge - anything goes

Happy Crafting!
post signature

4 comments:

DtsArt said...

You're envelope is so fun!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love this art work! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Anonymous said...

Hi, A lovely project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafting At The Weekend this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

Betty said...

fabulous project. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calender challenge
Bettyxxx